In today’s competitive scenario, each one is dancing to the tunes of a fast paced life. But despite all the pressures and constant rat race many of us are still very health conscious and it must be so. After all, health is wealth!
Our lifestyle nowadays cannot be referred to as an ideal one. It eventually results in lower immunity of one’s body against ailments and diseases. To tend to these health needs markets are full of both natural health supplements and drugs. Natural health supplements are all vitamins, minerals, nutritional products and herbs that strengthen the immune system and trigger the healing process for an ailment or disease. Drugs, on the other hand, are medications composed of chemical substances that are brought in use to treat a disease or enhance overall well being, both physical and mental.
So what should one opt for – a natural health supplement or a drug? Here’s a list of comparisons between the two to make that choice somewhat easier:
- Scientific grounds – Natural supplements are widely trusted but many are not scientifically tested. Drugs on the other hand are scientifically tested licensed medication.
- Behavioral alterations – Those opting for the natural remedy show positive behavioral changes. They go by the notion that to avail maximum benefits the remedy has to be accompanied with an altered healthy life style including exercise regime and controlled/healthy diet. In contrast, those opting for drugs take its effectiveness for granted and show behavioral boomerang effect, that is, they tend to continue with an unhealthy lifestyle. They even risk it further, adding more to that list of unhealthy ways.
- Effectiveness – Natural supplements help to cure an ailment or disease by targeting its root cause. Allopathic medicines on the other hand usually work on the symptoms of a disease. Hence in this case the disease may not be completely cured and possibilities are it will reappear in the future.
- Recovery – With natural remedies the curing can be slow but it is definitely steady. With the other option there usually are immediate visible effects, the curing process being speedy.
- Effects – Consuming natural health supplements usually provides additional health benefits like overall stronger immunity while consumption of drugs usually has its side effects like an allergic reaction, nausea etc.
These comparisons definitely sway in favor of natural health supplements. But availing these remedies is not easy. Markets are full of duplicated natural remedies claiming to be highly effective. Also many ‘natural health supplements’ sold in the market consists of chemicals used in drugs, which obviously isn’t stated in the ingredient list on the pack. In such a case, making the correct choice is difficult but that should not stop you from opting for a more healthy way towards life.